Thursday, August 30, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Raspberry Banana Baked Oatmeal




I have really been inspired by Lynn at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures and all of her baked oatmeal recipes.  I have come up with a combination of my own that I have fallen in love with.

We had 37.5 lbs of raspberries on our bushes this year so I have developed this baked oatmeal recipe with raspberries.

Recipe:
3 c. quick oats
1/2 brown sugar
1 c. milk
2 T butter or oil
2 eggs
2 t baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 t. vanilla

Add: 1 cup raspberries (can be frozen or fresh), 3 mashed bananas, 3 T flax meal and 1/2 c. chopped walnuts.

Mix altogether and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  YUMMY!

After cooling, cut and freeze on cookie sheets (flash freeze), transfer to a bag and in the morning just take out what you want and heat up or let thaw for a healthy breakfast.

No comments: